Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tests, Teeth, and one crabby MOMMA

  Again, I realize that I am slacking in my Blogging duties.  I have no excuse really, except I guess I feel my writing skills have fallen out of my head.  Oh yeah, and I am irritable.  I will get you all up to speed on why I am feeling that way, the minute that I figure it all out!
  Starting from the first to the last thing, I will tell you that the tubes are a blessing.  They have made Colton a much more tolerable 2 year old, which makes this family a whole lot smoother.  His whining is much less, and he uses a whole lot more words everyday.  Not even just the words thats are getting better, but all his skills.  He eats a lot more (meaning instead of picking at a meal, he will sit down and just eat it), he plays more, and is less stuck to his momma.  So all and all this is going well, and I hope that it stays that way for the sake of my sanity, and his ability to learn better.
    As for me, I have an appointment with a rhuemetoligist on Tuesday in Abiline, but it's just like a consultation. The worst part is that depending on my case, it might take a little while to get it, because the Dr. is only in that office 2 times a month!  So this is the only time I hope that a dr thinks I am in bad shape.  Then I will be bumped to one of the earlier appointments.  Least that is my understanding.  In any case, my actual condition is not any better, but it's not any worse either.  So I am just glad that it is not any worse though.
   The next thing on this list is my tooth.  So I had to get a whole new front tooth.  We all know that I am not the most well put together person, more so my teeth are not in the best shape.  This is also coming from the same person that broke her finger in a pillow fight.  Yeah, that happened!  So I was making faces at the boys through the glass screen door and one of them hit it.  I didn't know it right away till I felt something on my lip, and caught it before it hit the ground.  That was in fact a nice big chunk of my tooth.  It was worse in the back then in front, but you could tell I was missing some.  It was really a bummer.  I went the whole weekend looking and feeling much like a hillbilly.  I am lucky that I have great friends and family that assured me I could do many things to make it better, or let it be a blessing in disguise.  I was told that I could use a white chicklet, use it as a straw holder, a smoke holder... or if I wanted to go more extreme, I could roll around everywhere with my music blaring and that way people thought I was a bad ass and not a hillbilly..... Either way I got lucky and the dentist was able to get me in on Monday so it's all better now.  It does need a little more work, he didn't have a whole lot of time, but I will get back in there.  The only thing wrong with it, is I am not sure that it is thick enough and needs some more on the back side.
    Another test is the GED which I am taking tomorrow and friday..... I am nervous as can be, but hopefully luck is on my side.  I am not sure when I will get my results in, they said about a week, but as for the holidays, I hope they still come in a week.  The results come in the mail, so I hope that Fort Riley does not let me down and gets it here ASAP.  Considering mail is a pretty important thing to most all of us here, they are usually pretty good at it.  With that said, I need to go and rest my brain.  it 1110 and I need to shower and be outta the house by 640 in the morning.  This is going to be tough I know it. I will write more I hope tomorrow.  GOOD NIGHT  

No comments:

Post a Comment