Thursday, March 7, 2013

PCS last minute emotions and feelings

     I am going to keep this somewhat short, as I happen to be sitting in the lobby of the hotel at 10:30 at night when I have to be up and ready at 5 am for our ride to the airport.
    As you know we are moving to Hawaii, and in the next blog I will tell you all about what it takes to PCS with the military, because I know I could have used a little more information before taking the dive. 
     However, at this time, I feel like there is so many emotions and firsts on this trip I am not even sure where it is I start.  After packing my life and watching it drive off in crates on the semi trucks, we made the journey back home for 14 days, a day in Wisconsin, and 2.5 days here.... in St. Louis Missouri.  If you have ever shipped a vehicle with the military, you are most likely aware that there is only one car port in the mid west, and that happens to be here.  So this is how we got here.  We came a few days early to sight see, which was a blast.  I will tell you about that also in the next blog. In short, we ate at some places we have never been to before, like Jack in the box, Hard rock cafe, and we of course saw and explored the beautiful building here as well as the gateway arch. It was amazing. That was a first for me. See when we said we were going the arch, and going to the top, none of us knew what it ment to go to the top. For someone like me that is scared of heights and does not like tight spaces, I was shocked when I got there and realized we had to ride in a small little pod, all the way to the top. Somehow I survived, and in the end it was worth it. It was so pretty and not all that bad up there as long as I looked straight and not down.
  Now I am sitting here in this hotel, lost. There is so much that is left to do, but I am still shocked that I am about to get on this plane tomorrow. Me nor my kids have ever been on a plane.  We go from here to Atlanta which is a 1.5 hour flight and then from Atalanta to Honolulu which is is 10.5 hours.  It's weird that we will be traveling and I will not be driving. If you know my husband, you know he doesn't drive anywhere as he is nervous driver and hates it.  So on all these adventures, I drive. It's tiring to say the least. 
     I keep thinking the army will call anytime and say Oh never mind come back to Kansas, we don't need you in Hawaii anymore. Now I am hours from that plane, and that is clearly  not going to happen.  I am excited and sad, and scared and happy all at the same time.
    I will let you know that survived tomorrow when I also know that I have, and give you the rundown on the whole adventure.  There is still a lot more to do, but lucky for me, I will be surrounded by families and friends that have already had to do all this at one time or another, and we will all have to do it again when we come back stateside.  I think right now, I am at really unreal place.  I feel like I need to pinch myself and wake up.  In reality I need to get off here and catch some zzzz's or I won't be waking up tomorrow.
   Hawaii here we come!!!! Hope you are ready, I am not sure if I am....

No comments:

Post a Comment