Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The end is in sight!!

   So as you all know, we have been living the hotel life.  When I say Hotel, I mean a crappy little room, with limited space for 4 of us, no pool and Housekeeping only on the weekdays.  There is also no room service.  On the plus side, we are able to be on post.  So we can sign our lease on the 29th and move in the morning of the 30th!!!! That means we will have spent 52 days in this little hotel, and we are all feeling the effects!
   Let me tell you how excited I am to be able to be out of here.  I have picked out my front and back lawn furniture, a trampoline, a grill, and have already purchased things to redo the boys bathroom, which will be monkeys.  We have also bought all the things to redo the kitchen which will be a coffee/cafe theme.  The boys have new bedding for their PIRATE room and dave and I have new bedding. I am on the wait list for a bedroom set that I want and we are waiting for it to be in stock.  I am ready.  Our bathroom is next!!!
    The last major thing that we have to do, is get our puppies back into our home, as they are currently being spoiled by grandma and maybe a little by papa also.  I miss them all the time!!   As anything with the army, Hawaii has a lot of speculations before you can bring your little furry friends into the state.  We have done some of it, but as far as a flight and the last few check ups, we have to finish that.  I am hoping that we can have them here in the next month!
   So as I mentioned, the boys decided on their own that they want to share a room and they want a pirate room!  We bought the bedding and dave and I are going to start building them pirate beds! I am super excited for this.We are also going to make them a pirate ship lamp, and a treasure chest toybox! 

   All in all this trip has been a crazy rollercoaster.  We are in paradise and locked in this little room, slowly watching our sanity slip out the crack at the bottom of this hotel room door! A rough estimate as to the cost of this whole thing?  We get some of it back, like the hotel and the food money back! 

149.00*52 nights at The Inn at Schofield Barracks = $7748.00  (you pay upfront and than you get it back little by little in the paychecks.

$1600.00 1 month car rental.

Roughly $1500.00 to send 2 dogs with all the vet bills

Roughly 35.00 a night eating out *52 $1820.00

Grand total is 12668.00!!!  OUCH!!!!!

Anyways we have a short time left and I could not be happier, the next time that I blog, I am sure that I will be in the new place!

No comments:

Post a Comment