Friday, February 3, 2012

Better Than I Used to Be....

   I know that not everyone listens to country, but I do.... all the time.  There is this newer song, called "better than I used to be."  I listen to it often, and I LOVE it.   Every last word of it is soooo true.  (Except where he says "I can finally stand the man in the mirror I see."  Because I have never seen a MAN when I look in the mirror hehe) Here are the lyrics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO0keYA21oI
I don't think that this is a song that Only I can relate to.  It's a pretty universal song for those people out there that are not, nor have never been perfect.  It is a perfect reflection on how people can grow and learn even from the worst pasts.  Regardless of if you want to admit it or not, no one has went their whole life and never hurt someone, or made a mistake or 50000.  
    I am not perfect.  I am also perfectly happy with the fact, that I will never be.  I have learned that being perfect is the silliest goal in life to have.  No matter who you are, if that is your goal in life.... you will never get there.  Sorry to crush all your hopes and dreams.  There will always be someone with nicer things, more money, a better house, a newer car, a better job, better looks, skinnier figure, blah blah blah.  So why bother.  If you strive to be perfect, you are no longer yourself, you are someone else.  Waist of time. 
  There is a difference in realizing and accepting that you will never be perfect, and deciding that you are going to be dumb about it and never learn and change as life around you changes.  EVERYONE chances.  More times than I can count, I have been hurt by people that I trusted the most.  That is the way life goes.  Most people will not see things the way that I see them.  Most people will not be impacted by things that I might be heavily impacted by.  I can not depend on other people to pick me up when I fall.  That's my job.  It is their job to be there when I need to talk and need advice.  In the end my life is just that.....MINE.  No one can tell me who I should be or HAVE to be. 
    People are going to hurt people that you care about, you are going to hurt people that you care about, and people that you care about will hurt you.  Life is tough..... can't handle it?..... Get a helmet! In the end you can't control anyones thoughts or actions,except your own
On the flip side, it can be really hard to let people who you cared deeply about, go. You learn who is real and fake and in doing so you have to let some of them go. It's hard because you still want them to be, who you thought they were all this time.
Our pasts and those people who we let go mold us. They teach us little life lessons about things, people, and feelings. They sometimes show you how to find the good inside you and sometimes some of them teach you exactly how you DONT ever want to be. In this song, you hear about how your better, but not the best. You will always have a challenge a head of you and sometimes you need help to fight those demands. You hear about no matter how much you screwed up in the past, or someone screwed you, you get a little stronger.
I don't always feel stronger after something or someone leaves my life. Even if they made a positive impact. I don't always feel like i am ready to let them go. And sometimes they don't leave you a choice.
Take the chance to get to know everyone around you. Some may burn you and some may help you. Either way, you learn something from everyone no matter what the lesson may be. Don't judge by the past. Learn about people from who they are now. Help eachother grow and learn. If you stay friends forever you'll be as close as can be. If not, you both have learned something from eachother. Everyday Is a new day and a chance to learn!!!!! Everyone around you had something to teach you, even when they don't know it.

1 comment: