Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Always here

Sitting around this evening, missing my soldier. Realizing all that he does to help me. Knowing full well there is no place I would rather him be than here with me. I started to notice that he is everywhere.
When I put away clothes, his are always right there. When I walk up the stairs, his pictures hang...all the way up. When I scoop Ice cream and remember the reason I have to use a spoon is because he broke the scoop we had. When I take a shower and his shampoo is there. When I brush my teeth and his toothbrush is there. When I take the kids somewhere and remember something silly he said there.
Truth is, no matter where your hero may be, he is actually right there with you. I know that I ruin it when I say, that no matter how many times he tells me to look at the moon, because he is looking at it too....and I come back with: no your not. Its already left you by the time I see it. By the time the moon shines on me the sun is shining on him.
What a downer right!? Well, I thought about it a little more and even if he can't see it at the same time, I know that he sent all his love into the moon and sent it to me! :) (see, i'm not so terrible.)
So, my husband, no matter where he may be today, tonight, or tomorrow... there is always a little piece of him with me. I prefer to have that, than nothing at all.
The next time you are missing your loved one, Look at the moon and know all your heroes love is there....and he is sending it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment