Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Short Seperation

In the world of the army wives there are times when you are all alone. Times when he is called to work or train somewhere else. This is happening to us right now. Dave is away training for the whole month and the rest is up to me. Kids 24/7, all the housework, all the cooking, all the appointments etc. I know that he will be home before I know it. I know that there are plenty here that are going without their loved ones for 12 months or more. I think about how lucky we are, to be able to do something like this short trail before he just up and leaves for year.

I have decided that I do miss him even though he has been gone only a few days. He is my husband and even if he is gone to work for the day I miss him. It's just part of the job. I am sure that some out there are very depressed and just counting days till they get home. I am counting, but only in my head. I am mentally prepared for him having to stay a little longer than we thought, as that is what the army does best.

I have made up my mind and make this whole "being apart" period to challenge myself. I have been taking the kids out all by myself. I am just proving to myself that I am stronger than I think. I am working with the kids the best that I can to get them to do things, like loose the nook and to use the potty. Can you imagine what a great feeling that would be to get all that done in the month that he is gone. There is not much that I have done in my life that is rewarding, besides the kids. Dave decided when Dallas was born that I was going to stay home and that is how it has been since.

This is really something I can make myself proud over and prove that I can do it. Not just for me, but also for the kids. The kids can make a person crazy, I am not going to lie. The way that I have decided to channel that energy and frustration is to put it all into playing with them, taking them out when I can, AND workout at the end of the day.

This may seem silly to most as I know that he is not going to be gone that long. He was gone for longer when he was in basic and AIT. I had family than though. It was nothing like it is now. Yes, I have great friends here and they help when they can, but I would rather do it on my own. They have families that they are tending to as well. This is all me.

Since we moved here we have been doing everything as a family. It has been a great feeling. Buying everything that have got here and the big electronics, we did that all on our own. When we were back home sometimes we had to borrow money from family to get us through the week. It's not that we make more now, we just know how to manage it better. It is really a great feeling to not have to depend on others and to know that you can do it on your own. SO that is what I am going to do, all while missing him.

My soldier is my hero and I am his rock. Together we are a team and together we can do anything. He is always in my heart no matter how far away he is. We are a team and we are one. I love you PFC Johnson and I can not wait till you come home again!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely excellent wording dear. I know just how you feel. I'm in the same boat. My husband is also in the Army and like your husband is away for the month. We share the same struggle and my thoughts are with you. Your blog was very inspiring. Keep up the good work. Thank you for your wisdom and your husband for his service.
    Sincerely,
    K. Schumacher

    ReplyDelete