Friday, January 14, 2011

Just Breathe!!

Today was the first day the kids went to daycare! For those that are not military, the kids of deployed soldiers get 16 free hours a month for childcare. Dallas was so Happy to go. When I picked him up 4 hours later, he looked at me and asked me what I was doing there. They told me that even Colton warmed up to the idea. He soon noticed how much fun all the other kids were having, and joined right in. I was so proud of both of them.
I somewhat thought they established the free childcare so that a mother can get things done like, shopping, appointments, housework, etc. That is what I planned to do. I planned to come clean, take a trip to Walmart and then to the commissary for groceries. Until about 5 minutes after I dropped them off. I thought to myself, this is my time! I couldn't really think about something that I wanted to do alone though. Truthfully its not something I have thought about! SO i ditched the coming home part, and went to get my nails done before getting the groceries and things at walmart.
As I started my way to the salon, I almost turned around more than once. I couldn't really justify spending the money on something that I didn't need. I am really glad that I just went there anyways. In the back of my mind all I could think was that if there were others waiting I would leave. For the very first time, there was no one in there.
I gave in and sat in the chair. Within 10 minutes I could hear myself let out this BIG sign. I soon realized that I had been almost like holding it all in. Till the time that I could relax and think of nothing else, or worry about anything. It felt good.... The guy took his time and I had a whole hour to just BREATHE!!!! I now know the other reason the military is so generous to provide us with 16 hours a month. We all need some time to BREATHE

No comments:

Post a Comment