Monday, September 19, 2011

This and that

    I don't have a specific purpose to this blog, but i planned to write anyways.  I guess I feel like my head is full, and it all really needs somewhere to go.  Lets start with the weather.  I don't know what it is doing actually.  It's the most indecisive thing there is right now.  It doesn't know what it wants to do.  Now don't forget i spent 22 years in Minnesota.  Northern Minnesota at that.  It goes from hot to freezing there in hours. You can be out in your swimsuit and then all of a sudden its snowing.  That is the sad truth.  I really thought that getting out of there, I would be able to experience the slow progress that most are used to when the weather cools or heats up.  WOW I was wrong.  Mother nature is clearly Bi-polar this year with Kansas.  Went from 105-90's to 55!  Really.  Now I know I was complaining that it was too hot before.  55 Was a little lower than I was hoping for.  What happened to the 80, 70, 60.  Well finally after a week of the cold it was back up to 79 again today.  I still wish it would make up it's mind before I end up getting sick because of the constant changes. 


On a more personal level, Dallas is doing so much better with his school.  It is so hectic when we first get in there.  They need to put their bags away, wash their hands, find there name on the table, sign in, and sit on the color rug.  Reminder that this all has to be done while 40 parents sign them into one sheet and try to get through the room to help the child with their names.  On top of that we all know I have Colton with.  I'm usually out of there in 15 minutes, but its a chore thats for sure.  So, I have to help him with his name.  When he started this one month ago, he couldn't write his name AT ALL.  I work with him everyone (which is just a few minutes at a time in class) with his name, and he is doing great.  I just make the little dots for him to follow and today,  he pretty much did it all by himself!!! I was so happy.  Well worth the money we put into it already.  He does listen better there in that setting then he does when I am one on one with him at home.  There is so much more for him to want to do here at home lol.  So that part of life is going well.

   You all probably know that was colton was sick a little while ago.  I don't know if the fluid has drained in his ears yet, but I know they are no longer red, he doesn't complain about them anymore.  I know that I need to get his ears checked, but before you all jump down my throat, they told me to wait 3-4 weeks at the least to see.  So that is what I am doing since last time i went in earlier and i kind of screwed myself.  So I am going to call this week and get that out of the way. 


I have also told myself more than one time, that I was going to go in and see what they can do about my smoking.  I mean well they can't do anything, but there was a time that I was taking meds and had to stop taking them.  So they were working.  I am scared now though.  SO many of those things have side effects that include things like nightmares.  Id really hate to have those and be alone with the kids.  Hopefully they can get me something that doesn't do that if it even exists.  My point with mentioning this is that there is just not enough time in the day. 

Aside from that though there is nothing to much that has gone on.  Been hanging with the girls more often the usual I guess.  Which is a good thing.  They ALWAYS make me smile no matter what kind of mood.  Very Thankful for all that I have.  Even at 8 am when a friend who is back home for awhile calls me and yells good morning at me.  (We all know I don't like mornings!) But I love her anyways.  There is a friend who i might adopt as a second mommy to my kids since we always have our kids together anyways.  I don't know even really how to say it all.  Its just weird how so many people from so many parts of the us, in one place, can get a long SO WELL.  I do know how though, we are all in the same situation and without eachother we have nothing. 

I have a 6.5 hour day in class tomorrow.  I only have to do 2 of those every so often.  Its never that bad, I always come out of there feeling like i really got a lot done, and sometimes a little smarter. It's not that great when your kids are in, you made plans for tomorrow and you then realize you won't be doing anything except sitting in class staring at the computer.  That was a major bummer.  Ill get through though.  This is not just for me, this is for my husband and my kids.  My husband has done such a wonderful job taking care of us for the last 5 years, I want to be able to get a GOOD job and help a little. Plus with Dallas going to school, and colton can go to Pre school next year, it's about time.  At the same time I know this is the last time in my life that I will probably be a stay at home mom and so I am trying to enjoy that as well.  As time gets closer to Dave coming home I get more and more excited and nervous.  I never thought that I would be nervous to have my husband home, but I actually am.  Just hoping for smooth sailing I guess. 

There are so many downsides to having your husband gone.  I miss out on so much more that a couple that is not in the military.  BUT check this out, there is something that I can do, that they can't.... I get to fall in love with the same man more than one time :) Pretty excited to do it all over again.....

Anyways this was a ton of babble and now its time to munch on a caramel apple and head to the bath... MAMA needs one...
     NIGHT!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment