Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Starting the fall

So it's fall! Kansas has been pretty good about the weather and I've been terrible about posting. With the weather, it seems like some people's attitudes are starting to fall as well. It is reaching the end of the deployment and so I can see where nerves start to kick in. I am getting that way myself. 3/4 through this and you start to think about what it's all going to be like. I'll hit on those emotions and what I mean another day.
For today I figured I'd just let you up to speed. Davey is back out in the field and he loves it. He just called. So when he is happy, so am I.
Dallas has been doing good at school but I've not gotten Colton into daycare as much as I should. I noticed that last night. I dropped him off for a meeting and he didn't like it to much. He got over it lol. We will change that. I can always use a few more hours to myself.
I've been managing to get to my school work done little by little each night. I'm proud of myself. I've pulled straight a's. So that's a good thing. I know it's not always hard it's just hard to actually keep up. Tonight I had a 2 hour movie to watch. Which is fine, except it followed with 5 questions. Like really??!!! 2 hours for 5 questions. You would think that they could have summed it up a little better. I was so frustrated with that. In the end I got a 100% so I worked out. After I swore at the computer for about 20 minutes then I felt better. Nothing like looking like an idiot cusin out an object. Good thing no one was here to witness it.
A funny thing happened once. I had a large spider behind my tv and called my friend to come and help me
Kill it. I don't do spiders. So we didn't know how to kill it. I gave her a can of hairspray. Lmao. Well in the end it was stiff as a board and dead. So today she had a friend post on her Facebook page " I tried to kill a spider with hairspray. He is still alive, but his hair looks fantastic.". It was so funny. And a total relief that we are not the only nut balls around.
Aside from that the battalion work with Daves unit is picking up. Poster making and figuring out all the homecoming details. A ball is also in our future. It will take a lot of planning, but I'm sure will be so worth it after words. Aside from that the guys deserve it for all their hard work, and so do the women that got this far! Also planning the re deployment briefings and financial briefings. That's really exciting. I truly thought at this point, I'd be in the nut house!!! Glad im not. They would never let me leave for sure. Though there are many days I question my sanity and ability to make it any farther. But I'm still kicking.
I think that's the latest.


God took the strongest women and paired them up with soldiers.


Have a good night

2 comments:

  1. The spider part has to be about my sister... well the first part. Hilarious! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes ma'am, totally your sister! LMAO was hilarious....well after the spider was out the door. Other than that we like a shit ton of giddy school girls screaming at a football game or something

    ReplyDelete