Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Just because we are blood.... Doesn't make us "FAMILY"

    Ok I have to get this out there, just to get this out there..... Since we went off to do our thing as a family in the military, people come and go.  It's hard to pack up and just jet home for people, and some understand and some don't.  Same goes for friends as well.  There are some back home that sort of understand our lives, some that don't care, and some that maybe don't know what we are doing here, or appreciate the things that my husband does.  Doesn't really matter.  You learn who your friends are everyday.  The one thing that I never thought you would have to learn is who your real family is!
     I mean really?  I always thought that family was forever, they would love you no matter what, and they would always be there for you.  Sucks a little when you find out that is not at all the case.  Some people can not forgive the past, but no one is perfect, and no one will be.  Therefore, we have all made mistakes.  There was a time, me and husband went through whole crap load of issues.  SO WHAT.... We are through it, and now why is it that family can not do that.  I would think that people who claim to be family, would be happy for how far that we have come.... Not everything is my fault.  It takes two you know.  I mean really people get a grip. 
   The worst part about this is all is that someday you are going to regret the choices that you have made, and you know that we have no issues, cutting those that only harm us and our relationship, out of our family.  There is no reason to be there if you serve us no purpose.  I have people that call me from back home just to check in and see how I am doing.  Those people show that they care.  They talk to the kids often and know just about everything that is happening with us.... Those are the people that are family.  real family. 
   You know that else, my husband has delt with enough and so has this whole family in the last year.  But you wouldn't know that, because your not around.  And to be brutally honest, you may not hear it from him, but you are really really hurting him.  Not only that, but you are truly the reason that I don't think that I wast to go home.  I don't want to move back there right now, I am NOT READY FOR THE DRAMA.  I don't want my kids in that situation and I don't want to be in that situation anymore.  Which in the end sucks becasue I know my husband wants to go home and get out of the army, and I fight it because he is used to this crap and I don't want to be part of it.  Not only that, but you are ruining it for those that I actually want to go home for!  Which in the end sucks....
   Point blank is this, I don't care if you like me or not, your stuck with me.  The past is the past, and you are hurting the whole family by continuing to live by it.  We really don't care what you think in case you have not noticed.  Most of all you are totally and 100% selfish to put my husband in this position.  I mean really, do You have any damn idea what that man goes through.  NO because you are not around for anyone except when it benifits you in some way.  I really should be more specific, but I am not going to.  It doesn't matter really.  Some day reality will slap you in the face, and for your sake that better be DAMN SOON or you will loose it all.  I know I am about done with it, and it won't take long for Dave to finally say what he needs to say. 
   Lastly, Family would know what is going on with my family, because they care.  They call for the kids, they call for me and they call for Dave.  I know that with Dave gone, it's sometimes easier to think that this is easier to handle when you are not always talking to the kids or myself.  This is our life right now.... This is a reality that I live with everyday, I can't just ignore it.... You have shown your true colors.  It's been almost a 12 month deployment and I have to say you have about blown it. 
    Family is not just there when there is something in it for them, they are not just family because you have the same family members, and we are not family because we are on the same family tree.  Therefore you are just a relative ... Sucks for you!
     Personally, I would love to just head to Lowe's tomorrow and cut a few shitty branches off the family tree!

    On a side note the heat blanket is giving me a little relief to my pain.... thank you DAVE!!! Great idea and it worked fairly well!

 NIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment