Saturday, October 8, 2011

Rain rain go AWAY... On second thought.....

   It was a really rainy day today.  I don't think it actually started till like lunch time.  I mean I really don't know.  I'm going to be honest here and say that it was gloomy this morning and I spent a HUGE chunk of my day in my jammies drinking coffee.  So timing was not my thing.  Considering I stopped all the nonsense and finally got dressed about....um...... 3:30.   Don't judge me. 
   I would be lying if I said I hadn't fully intended to do the jammie coffee thing all day.  It was, as always, stepped on.  You see my kids had no juice and no milk.  Meaning the sky was falling, the earth was rumbling, and if I didn't get going, the WHOLE world was going to crumble around them, and me.  You know if I was not drinking coffee in front of them all morning, we may have made it longer.  It was my cue to get going when they started asking for my coffee.  YEAH RIGHT!  Good try kids, mom is not THAT dumb.  I'll only do that, when daddy is home and I have somewhere to be... meaning your home with daddy :)  (Kidding) 
    In any case, we made it to the shopette (or for non military terms a gas station on post LOL.)  Now before the kids and I make our way in, there was many, many, MANY warnings about how we were going for JUST JUICE AND MILK.  There would be no CANDY, ICE CREAM, or SNACKS of any kind.  So after they both agreed, we made our way in, as I again stressed what we were there for.  3 seconds into the store, and I knew what this trip was going to be like.  Dallas of course, starts asking, "mom can I have this?"  "Dallas is that a snack?"  "yes."........."so then the answer is still no!"  So this happened all the way to the back of the store to the milk.  Finally I just looked at him and said, I SAID WE WERE NOT GETTING ANYTHING ELSE!  He got so mad!  As if this was the first time he heard this.  Then it was all over.  I now had one child trying to run away from me, one flopping like a fish out of water on the floor, and people looking at me.  (I hate when they do that By the way.  Like I asked him to do this!) 
   So I finally made it half way to the front, intentionally passing the wine.  Yeah that's right... Much needed.  Again..don't judge me.  By the grace of god, we all made it out of there without to many more issues.  I really hate when the trips go like that.  AND the worst part is, you never know what you are in for.  They are like 2 different kids depending one what side of the store door they are on!  Dallas acted like he had never in all 4 years been in public.  I was obviously mad. Well then when got to the truck, he sees the carnival and wants to go.  Like really child.  Were you there for that giant meltdown you just had???  We get half way home and dallas finally calms down.... and then asks me "mom, is something the matter."  At this point I'm certain I left my child in the car while I was in the store, and must have brought someone else's kid in there.  
   We did make it home... Finally.  Nothing really exciting after that.  Layed around and watched movies.  I know that it wouldn't have been a Johnson day without a little entertainment though.  Oh well.  I managed some homework, house work, and relaxed to some tunes the rest of the night.  After all, I didn't mind that it rained all day.
NIGHT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment