Monday, March 22, 2010

Get used to being alone

Here it starts... for the next three weeks, I will be a single mother. With the exception of the weekends. I think that most think it's a sad thing. At first, I thought the same thing. I have decided thought that this is a time to learn, and adjust. In seven months Dave will be leaving for a year. Going into this Army Life I know that these days were coming. It really never is a thought though till it starts to happen.

So many people have had to say good-bye to their husbands these last few weeks. It is so sad and seems so hard. It beings tears to my eyes to see those deployment pictures and see them at this time. I know though that I can help them even if I have never done a deployment. I know that I can keep them as busy as possible, and offer my services as much as possible.

I am going to take this next three weeks as a learning experiance. Learn to do things with just me and the kids. Learn to cook for just me and Dallas. Learn to get both kids into bed and sleeping with no help, but most importantly, I am going to find ways to relieve my own own stress without needing to get out of the house. I need to figure this whole "new way of life out" before it hits me like a ton of bricks.

I know that it does not matter what I can do on my own, I will miss my husband so very much this week and all next year, but the more that I can do on my own the better.

This way of life is not for everyone. If you can not do things as a single parent, then forget it. If you need your husband and family for everything, and do not make friends well, you will have a tough time.

So if you are coming into this life or thinking about it, you better learn to cowgirl up ladies. The army is not a place for weak men, OR weak women. You can not feel guilty about needing your hubby all the time. I know that no matter what happens you will need to be weak, and you can be. There is a time in this life that you can be weak, but only for a short time. Today I am going to look up and learn what i need to before it's too late. I will smile and look at the stars , knowing that is the best connection to Dave, and be there for my kids. THINK POSITIVE (even when it's easier said than done.)

No comments:

Post a Comment